Steel and Silver Pricing System
As you all know, the raw material prices are fluctuating a lot those days and this trend will probably continue in the future. Our pricing system will adjust our selling prices based on the daily raw gold and silver prices.
Our selling prices (prices in the price list) are calculated based on a certain reference price of the raw material. If the price of gold or silver changes, the selling price will change as well (according to the weight of the material the item contains).
Our actual reference prices are calculated by gram and are the following:
- Reference price for silver is US$1.00 per gram
- Reference price for 14k gold is US$25.00 per gram
- Reference price for 18k gold is US$32.00 per gram
We follow the prices of our raw material on www.kitco.com/market/ (The World Spot Price – Asia/Europe/NY).
The actual material prices are calculated on the basis of the (ask) rate.
For Example, on 15/02/2011 for the materials per Ounce:
- 1 Ounce = 31.104gram
- 14K Gold has 58.5% pure gold
- 18K Gold has 75% pure gold.
||Price per ounce
||Price per Gram
||$30.62 / 31.104
||= $0,984 per gram
||$1365.70 / 31.104
||= $43.908 per gram of 100% pure gold
||$43.908 x 58.5%
||= $25.686 per gram
||$43.908 x 75%
||= $32.931 per gram
Item wholesale reference price= $6.30 (our reference price at $1.00 per gram in the price list)
Item contains 2,5gram of Silver.
In case the silver price changes to $1.10 per gram ($0.10 increase)
New Price = $6.30 + ($0.10 x 2.5gr) = $6.55
In case the silver price changes to $0.90 per gram ($0.10 decrease)
New Price = $6.30 + ($-0.10 x 2.5gr) = $6.05
This pricing system will be be applied to the following items!
- SJB, SBF, SBZ, SBB, SNIS (page 106-121)
- 14k and 18k Gold Nose Studs (page 76-77)
- 18k Gold Attachments for Dermal Anchors (page 66)
- 18k Gold Attachments for Bioplast® Labrets (page 97)
- 18k Gold Attachments for Bioplast® Nose Studs (page 99)